Monday, February 28, 2011
Ok, back to what I saw. I saw the most beautiful bunch of daffodils. One of the first signs of Spring is the daffodils begin to bloom their beautiful yellow foliage. This bunch of daffodils were vibrant, healthy and if they had emotions I think they would say they were happy. What amazed me was that these daffodils were the only bunch in a large pasture of cows. A pasture full of cow dung and yet they were so beautiful. It was such a picture reminder from my Daddy as if to say....bloom where you are planted little one-I love you and will provide every thing you need to be the beautiful bloom that I have planned for you. Life may not always seem like a bed of roses it might even seem a little like a pasture of cow dung but I still have the choice to bloom where I am planted. Today, I am not a potted plant, I am a wild blooming daffodil.
Thursday, February 24, 2011
I am Christ's friend..........................John 15:15
I am a new creation.........................2 Cor 5:17
I am a saint......................................Eph.1:1
I am righteous and holy....................2 Cor 5:21
I am God's workmanship.................Eph 2:10
I am a member of a holy race
a royal priesthood
A people for Gods own...................1 Peter 2:9
His little girl and LOVED
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
"Enjoy the process...you mean puberty?" Quote from my son. No, I don't mean puberty but for a 16 year old boy that might be applicable. What I am learning is to enjoy the process in general, whether it is my process towards being like Christ or my art. Oddly enough, until I learned what perfectionism was I didn't think I was a perfectionist and if I did I didn't think it was a bad thing. That was until I learned the difference between perfectionism and a healthy pursuit of excellence. (the following is a loose interpretation from "The Feeling Good Handbook" by David D. Burns)
- I fear failure
- I am never satisfied
- Nothing is good enough
- I find my value in what I do and how well I do it (which I never do good enough so therefore I am never good enough)
- My acceptance by others is based on conditions. I must do this and that and do it well to be accepted by others
- I must be strong and not express my feelings or be vulnerable. If people really knew the real me they wouldn't like me
- Being motivated by enthusiasm and excitement in the process. Finding the creative process exhilarating.
- The effort in the project brings satisfaction and a sense of satisfaction even if it isn't the "greatest" (of course "greatest" as defined by me"
- You enjoy a sense of unconditional self esteem, or you trust the truths of God who truly defines your self worth wrapped up in who he is.
- Not being afraid to fail. Everyone isn't successful all the time. A failure is just an opportunity for growth and learning.
- You're not afraid of being vulnerable or sharing your feelings with people you care about. This makes you feel closer to them.
- The pursuit of excellence includes learning to enjoy the process, which inevitably leads to the surprise outcomes along the way that perfectionism never allows to be enjoyed.
Sunday, February 20, 2011
Saturday, February 19, 2011
After the horrible experience from our last church finding a church like Mosaic has been a true blessing. The following were all birthed from messages from Mosaic. It was actually one of Naeem's that got me thinking about picking up my art again. Thanks Naeem.
Friday, February 18, 2011
|Simple childlike faith|
|I am chosen and dearly loved|
|This is the cover of my journal. It says "A visual conversation with my Abba"|
Connie from Dirty Footprints Studio is the reason I finally took the plunge to dear blog ville. I have been hemming and hawing the idea but was simple too chicken to do it. That was until I saw her contest for her Art Journal Love Day party. Being one who loves parties, art journals and giveaways, I decided now was the time to start so here I am. Thanks Connie ( I am acting as if she reads my blog and we are bffs-indulge me)
The sad thing is I am so new to this whole blog thing I am not too sure how to give her the proper credit. Hopefully, the link and picture show up on the actual blog post, we shall see. :)
Dirty Footprints Studio
I really hope I win the contest there are so many amazing art teachers offering their e-courses. I am drooling at the thought of taking one of them. Keep your fingers crossed everyone.
I can't even begin to express the joy and healing that I have discovered since picking up my art again. It has been 20 years since I have done any real art and I didn't even realize how much I had missed it. I am loving what I am discovering about myself and about God. Many of my pieces are from pictures I get while spending time with my Daddy. I am going to give the whole blog thing a try so I can journal my journey. Since painting again I have found myself dreaming again. This blog might just be here for my personal benefit but I am sharing it anyway. I do pray that it will be encouraging and maybe even encourage you too to find your heART again.